Monday, October 3, 2011

Homecoming!

This past weekend was Hurst Homecoming 2011!  It was also parent's and alumni weekend so this tiny campus was hoppin' with visitors from all over.  It unfortunately was a cold and rainy weekend, but that did not stop my friends and I from having a ton of fun!

Roomies on Friday night
On Friday night, two of my roommates parents came to visit and we all went to "Rodeo Bingo."  Student Activities Council hosts bingo this weekend every year and it is totally worth going because there are AWESOME prizes.  This year some of the grand prizes inculded and Keurig coffeemaker and a flip video camera!  I have gone to bingo all four years and have NEVER won because I have rotten luck, but there are so many chances that at least someone you know will probably win something.  After Bingo, some friends and I went out to the Cornerstone bar and grill, right near campus, and was surprised to see it overflowing with alumni and students ready to celebrate their love for the Hurst! 



We didn't stay long, though because the next morning we got up to work the First Annual Alumni 5K.  This was organized by the Student Alumni Association, of which I am a member, and so we had to be up and ready to work it at 7:30AM!  That was one EARLYYYY and COLD morning!  I worked registration but there were a lot of other students that worked as court marshalls all morning in the cold and rain!  I felt so bad for them.  Luckily, though, we had a great turnout and it went very smoothly!  Plus, we had fun doing it.
Friends with the King and Queen!
After a much needed nap, I bundled up in my Mercyhurst gear and layers and headed to the Alumni tailgate.  It's not open to all students but since I belong to the Student Alumni Association, I was able to attend it.  There was delicious food and I really enjoyed mingling with alums of our awesome school!

Me and her majesty the Queen =]
Then, my friends and I headed over to the stadium to catch the football game against our rival, Gannon University.  It was FREEZING and miserable, and of course I have been battling with a terrible cold, but we still had a good time.  The best part was, my roommate Lindsay won Homecoming Queen!!!! We were SO SO SO excited for her!  She completely deserved it and even got a really pretty tiara!  It was so exciting!

After the very cold game, we headed over the Hurst Fest.  It was inside the rec center because of the rain, but still fun.  There was a petting zoo, snacks, games, and a mechanical bull!  I had to work the bounce house during the afternoon and it was really great to see all the little kids and siblings having tons of fun on it.  It was a great last Hurst Fest as an undergraduate!

Obviously, Saturday was a busy busy day for me and my friends!  When the day was over I crashed into bed early and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and catching up on homework.  But, regardless of the cold temperatures and my little cold bug, it was a homecoming to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment