Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Open Houses!

This past weekend, I donned my lovely green Ambassador jacket and worked the first fall Open House of the year.  While I must admit that I don't enjoy having to get up early on a Saturday morning, the Opem Houses are really great ways for prospective students and their families to learn more about Mercyhurst.  If you happened to miss the first one, and would like to register for the next one (coming up in two weeks!) click on this link to get more information!

The Ambassadors who may give you your tour at open house!
Open Houses and other admissions events, (We also host Major Day and Junior Day in the spring), are a really good opportunity to visit Mercyhurst.  While the admissions office and ambassadors give tours 6 days a week and all through the summer, open houses give you a chance to attend a major fair, eat at Egan dining hall, and learn more about the admissions and financial processes that it takes to become a Mercyhurst student.  This last open house we had an awesome turnout: 100 families!  If you want to experience this day, make sure to go here to sign up!

My Mommy Visiting Me!
After the open house on Saturday, my week continued to be busy!  Saturday night, my mom and my boyfriend's mom came to visit me!  We stayed the night at a hotel in Erie and had a girl's night!  It was a lot of fun and an awesome chance to get off campus and spend some time with people that I love.  After my relaxing weekend, I jumped headfirst into a busy pre-Halloween week!  I have had two presentations, two papers, and lots of reading to jam in!  Plus, I have had meetings! 

Tomorrow night I have a Student Alumi Association meeting that I am actually excited for!  It is Halloween themed and everyone gets to dress up, have snacks, and enjoy the fall holiday.  Then, it will finally be Halloween weekend so I can dress up in my costume and have fun!  Hopefully the fall rain holds off for a little while longer!

Until next time!  And don't forget to check out admissions events and open houses here!

No comments:

Post a Comment