Monday, October 17, 2011

My Final Fall Break

The leaves are turning colors and dropping to the ground, the weather is getting chillier, and Mercyhurst students all just got back from their fall break!  It's just that time of year!

I must say, fall is one of my favorite times of year...especially when I am driving home for our lovely four day weekend and get to see all the beautiful leaves changing all colors of the autumn spectrum.  Plus, the long weekend gives all students a MUCH needed time to relax and recooperate after midterms and prepare for the marathon that is finishing up the term.

This year for fall break, I went home for a couple nights and then spent the rest of the weekend visiting my lovely boyfriend at his school.  It is so nice to be able to leave the crazy hustle and bustle that is Mercyhurst!  Of course, I did have to do a little homework over break...and probably should have done even more, but I didn't have to attend classes or meetings, or anything else for a few days.  An escape from it all was certainly needed regardless of how many exciting things were happening!

Last week I blogged about our Senior Class Gift presentations to Dr. Gamble, the Mercyhurst President.  They went SO well!  And, he and his fellow administrators chose an awesome gift that is really going to make a HUGELY positive impact on our school!  It is something that future and current Lakers will be able to enjoy!  I'm not sure if it is disclosable yet...but when I know whether or not our awesome gift can go public, my blog readers will be some of the first to know! 

Now that I am back to school, I am realizing that I have very little time left in my final fall term of undergrad!  Only a few more weeks to finish up all my papers, projects, and prepare for finals!  It's enough to make my head spin!  I know I will get it all done...I always do...but it doesn't make me any less scared or stressed!  Hopefully the upcoming Halloween festivities will keep me treading water!

Well, back to the grind!  Until next time =].

No comments:

Post a Comment