Thursday, October 6, 2011

All that hard stuff...

Well, once again I find myself up to my nose with midterms and homework.  Of course, what is NEW with my life??

Luckily, I am finding a pretty good balance for doing work, studying, and my extracurriculars.  I sometimes wonder if I take on too much, but I know that through all the stress it will be worth it in the end when I have everything done and feel very accomplished.  So far, so good.

But, if you go to college and don't know how to balance your time, you will meet serious issues!  I am a firm believer in working ahead (I know, I know...I'm NUTS because I don't wait until the last minute to cram) but BELIEVE ME: it's worth it!

I am the kind of person that schedules my day very carefully.  If I have a lot to get done in one night (like tonight), I will go so far as to plan my day hour by hour just to be sure that I can fit it all in.  Plus, of course, I need a little time for myself or I would probably be clinically insane right now.

Here is the key to handling the workload of college: TIME MANAGEMENT.  You don't need to by a psycho like me and plan your life by the hour, but it is probably a good idea to invest in a good planner.  Know when things are due, when your tests are, when meetings are scheduled, etc.  If you write it all down in front of you, you can then plan on when to do your work so that it doesn't get backed up on you!  Pulling an all-nighter because you forgot about a ten page paper due the next day is not exactly the best way to excel in college!

This is a skill that comes with time and patience.  College is a way of life.  You have to find the good balance between schoolwork, extracurriculars, and going out and having fun with your friends.  If you can do this, I PROMISE you that you will have the BEST possible experience with college!

So, here's to handling our stress in healthy ways!  And now I return to my ridiculously planned even full of studying, ambassador events, and a meeting! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment