Monday, October 31, 2011

A SPOOK-tacular Halloween!

Our Halloween Costumes! (Fairy and Old Man)
Happy Halloween Lakers!




I must say, one of my favorite parts about college is celebrating holidays! As many of you probably know, today is Halloween!  Mercyhurst has loads of fun activities, celebrations, and traditions that really make this holiday come alive for students!  Let me tell you about them!
My Boyfriend, his brother, and me
Every year, the Student Activities Council (SAC) hosts two well-attended and non-stop fun events on Halloween weekend.  The first event is the Haunted Skate.  This is held in our very own ice rink.  Students come dressed in their best costume and enjoy a little ice skating, snacks, and fun music!  Students LOVE this event and it is an excellent way to celebrate Halloween!  I have to admit, I have never gone to it but I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this spooky event!
I even dressed my dog up for Halloween!
The next event is Haunted Hurst!  This is probably one of the most attended events of the entire school year!  Some of you may not know this, but Mercyhurst is rumored to have a haunted buildings and creepy areas.  Haunted Hurst is an event where the campus is actually tranformed into a haunted house and students can get haunted tours through the scariest places on campus...if you DARE!  Watch out for the ghosts, though...you never know where you might come across one!  After a tour, you can enjoy yummy treats and Halloween activities in the student union!  This event is actually award-winning and trust me, is SO MUCH FUN! (click here to read about its award!).

I was a fairy!
If you're interested in the spooky ghost stories of Mercyhurst College, check out the school's youtube page here!  There is a series of five videos entitled "Haunts from the Hill" that give you a sneak peek of some of the stories you learn about on your haunted tour of campus!  Don't be too scared, though =].

As for my own Halloween celebrations, I spent the weekend visiting my boyfriend at his school!  We got all dressed up on Saturday night and enjoyed some good spooky festivities!  Check out the pictures to see how I spent my Halloween!

Now, it is unfortunately time to buckle down and prepare for the end of the term!  Final paper writing time...=[.  So, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment