Monday, October 25, 2010

A fun but relaxing weekend

This weekend was a good time to spend some time with some friends, catch up on some sleep, and work through my stack of homework!

Friday night, one of my roommates and I went to the brandddd spankin' new Chipotle that finally opened in Erie!  For all of you who come from areas that have Chipotle, you can only imagine how much of a struggle it was to survive two whole years of college without one in Erie!  Luckily, though, someone finally figured it out and opened one here!  It was very delicious and definitely worth waiting in the line that wrapped around the entire restaurant!

My new friend!
After that, we went to Millcreek Mall just down the street and played with the puppies at the pet store!  This is an activity that almost all Mercyhurst students will probably do at some point while they go to school here.  They are SOOOOOO adorable and fun and gives you a little slice of puppy love when you miss your family pet at home.  The only bad part is that it is SOOOO HARDDDD to send them back in the cage when you leave!  I hate that fact that I can't take them all home with me!


sorry, this is blurry!

Saturday was an Open House on campus so I gave a tour for Ambassadors.  Lots of prospective students came to check out the campus and see all the awesome things that Mercyhurst has to offer.  And after the Open House, I spent the rest of the day being a lazy bum and catching a little R and R.  Sometimes you just need one of those days!  That night was a Mercyhurst tradition called "Haunted Hurst".  I didn't go this year but it is a reallyyyy cool event!  You may not know this, but our campus is known for being haunted, so ambassadors take groups of students on a haunted tour throughout campus and you get to experience haunted house-style fright right here on our own campus!  I  usually get really scared, even though I know the ghosts are my fellow students!  I heard it went really really well this year, even though I didn't go!



The WHOLE gang!


On Sunday, we had a social event for Ambassadors!  We went bowling at a local bowling alley and it was SOOOO fun!  As you can see by the pictures, lots of people participated.  We even had a contest for what team got the best score.  I, being the super sporty and coordinated person that I am (not), got the worst score on my team :(.  But it was ok because we still ended up with third place overall and I had fun anyway!


This week is a veryyyyy busy week full of meetings, paper-writing, and preparations for Halloween!  I can't wait for all the things that are coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment