Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A wonderful, wonderful Halloween weekend!

Yummy desserts!
This past weekend was definitely one of my favorite so far this year!  It all started on Thursday evening when Egan Cafeteria had its special Halloween dinner.  Everything was super decorated and spooky looking, and the food was spooky, too!  They served things like mummies on a stick (hot dogs wrapped in croissants), bat wings (chicken wings), and other creepy sounding food that was actually a delicious treat!  There was also a fullll array of really yummy themed desserts!  (see picture!)

My Roomies!
Friday night, my roommate turned 21 at midnight, so we had a fun get-together/game night at our townhouse.  All of our close friends came to celebrate with us and we played Apples to Apples and Jungle Speed (if you haven't played or heard of these games, PLAY THEM because they are VERY VERY funn!)  We decorated our living room with birthday signs and one of the signs we bought was spelled wrong!  It said "HAPPY IBRTHDAY"!  At exactly midnight, we all sang my roommate happy birthday and her parents came over to bring her 21 balloons!  That's a lot of balloons at once!  Then, she had her first drink ever and we all had a really fun night with our good friends.

Saturday was when most of Mercyhurst celebrated the wonderful holiday of Halloween.  This year I didn't really do much for the holiday because my roommates and I all had a lot of homework and we really tired.  But, I did dress up (I was a cheetah, RAWR!) and we just hung out at my house and watched some movies.


A bunch of my friends...and 21 balloons

After my busy and fun-filled weekend, I spent alllllllll of Sunday writing my last huge paper of the term and Monday night I had my first cheerleading practice.  I am going to be sore for a veryyyyy longggggg timeeee!  Not to mention bruised!


But now that the term is winding down to it's last week  and a half (thank goodness!) everyone is busy preparing for final papers, projects, and exams.  The weather is also getting a little colder so bundling up is a necessity!  Hopefully it doesn't start snowing soon!  I will keep you posted :).

No comments:

Post a Comment