Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm SO EXCITEDDDD!

I just had one of the most exciting things happen to me in a really long time!  Earlier tonight, I tried out for Laker cheerleading (after not cheering for about THREEE YEARS!)  And guess what...I MADE IT!  I am now officially a cheerleader for 2010-11 Mercyhurst Basketball season!!!!  I am sooooo excited!

Sports at Mercyhurst are HUGE.  We have 24 sports teams (that is A LOT for a school our size!), so basically where ever you go on campus, you will probably find someone that plays some kind of sport.  We have just about every sport you can think of, everything from basketball and football to field hockey, lacrosse, and water polo.  And we are a Division II school (except for hockey, that's Division I) so the games are really fun to go to!  Plus, they are free for students to get in!

I have been to a few different sports games, like football, basketball, and hockey.  Our teams are usually fairly good, so who doesn't enjoy seeing a winning game??  And now I get to cheer for them! 

We also have a Laker Spirit Club, which is really cool because they give out free stuff all the time.  You can get tshirts, clappers, cowbells, you name it!  Anyone can be involved and they just get together and support the awesome Lakers at games every week!

I'm gonna go bask in my excited-ness about being a cheerleader again, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment