Monday, January 2, 2012

An Amazing Whirlwind of a Christmas Break!

Gingerbread Train!
My dog ready for Christmas!
Well, here I am back at the Hurst after my fourth Christmas Break and feeling not quite ready for classes to start up again tomorrow...!  Even though I am dreading having to do work and actually think, my break was one of the best ones I have EVER had in my life...and I mean that literally!

This year our break fell to be a little bit longer because Christmas was on a Sunday.  Normally, we get two weeks at Christmas time to celebrate the holidays.  This year, we had SIXTEEN days away from classes, books, and papers.  It was fantastic.  Plus, as you may have read in my previous posts, Christmas is my favorite time of year so I was especially excited.  And my family, friends, and I jam-packed those days with so much FUN!
Christmas Eve

Christmas Morning! (pre-proposal)
Some of the activities we planned over break included all-day-cookie-baking-marathons, ice skating, shopping, dinner out at our favorite restaurants, going to the movies, building gingerbread trains, puppy therapy, and trimming the tree.  I even had the chance to catch up with some old friends from high school a few times.  Thinking about all of the fun things that I did at home makes me smile!  There is nothing quite like being home for the holidays!

The moment he proposed!!!!
Even though all of these things are super fun, the cherry on top of the awesome-break-cake happened on Christmas Day.  I was completely surprised. overwhelming excited, and totally speechless when my boyfriend proposed to me in front of both of our families.  It was the most exciting and most squeal-worthy moments of my life and I am very happy to say that in two years I will be marrying my best friend in the entire world!  Needless to say, I am still on cloud nine and sometimes in disbelief when I look at my finger and see my beautiful ring that signifies my commitment to my fiance!

Ringing in 2012 as an
engaged couple!
With all of the excitement and craziness that was happening in my life and all the laughs and smiles I shared with my family and friends, I admit it was really really hard for me to head back to school today.  With such an exciting life outside the Hurst and lots of things to look forward to in the future, I am only hoping to make it through the rest of the term in one piece without missing my new fiance and my amazing family too much!

All college students get homesick sometimes.  If you choose Mercyhurst and you find yourself missing home, don't feel like you are alone!  This is my SENIOR year; my fourth January starting out school away from home and I still find myself desperately wishing I was back in Cleveland!  Just remember, home is usually only a phone call or short drive away!

Alright, time to try and focus back on school work and all the papers I have to write before I can finish the term...wish me luck and stay warm in the blustery weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment