Monday, January 30, 2012

Writing College Papers, AKA the thing I do the most at MU

Hello future and current Mercyhurst University Lakers!

On this surprisingly sunny winter day, I thought maybe I would take a second to tell you all what I REALLY spend most of my time in college doing...WRITING PAPERS!  So, fair warning, this is one of thsoe boring, pictureless, complain-y blogs about the downside to be a college student, not matter what school you attend!

As a history major, papers and research is the majority of my schoolwork.  Almost every history class assigns at least one 10-12 page research paper.  Some classes assign other papers throughout the term along with the bigger research paper.  For example, for my two current classes, I have two major papers and I had three other "smaller" papers to write and turn in.  Unfortuantely, I means that I spend a ridiculous amount of time in front of the computer typing out the papers!  I sometimes think about totaling all the pages I have written in my college career...but then I would probably just lose my mind thinking about all the hours spent pounding them out!

One good thing about being in a major that relies heavily on writing lengthy papers is that I have a very effective method for writing and it usually turns out good grades.  If you are looking at a major you think will have a lot of writing, I DEFINITELY suggest figuring out a routine and method that works well for you!  Also, DON'T PROCRASTINATE!  In the next 2.5 weeks, I have 2 major final papers due and I have hardly started!  Makes me regret spending my free time being lazy...

Anyway, the important thing is that my writing ability has greatly improved and writing research papers helps me to actively learn about subjects I am interested in more in depth.  Hopefully you all can find a way to manage your time and your stress in order to get your papers written efficiently!  Meanwhile, it's back to the books to research for my upcoming papers!

Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment