Monday, December 12, 2011

On the Road to Graduation!

Exciting things have been happening for me in the week since my last post! 

A playful pup!
Besides the dreary school work and impending doom that I know the winter weather is on its way in full force, I have managed to have some fun!  Last Tuesday a friend and I did one of my FAVORITE activities in Erie...puppy therapy!  Nothing brightens your day and brings a smile quite like a fluffy puppy at the pet store.  Check out the picture to see one of the puppies I played with!  She was SO playful and silly; I could hardly stand to give her back.  The pet store we go to is at Millcreek Mall, the local shopping hot spot that is only about 10 minutes away from campus!  Here is the website!

If only diamonds were still this cheap!
Another fun thing that has happened this week was in one of my history classes, "American Material Culture."  One of our textbooks is the Sears, Roebuck, and Co. Catalogue from 1897!  You wouldn't think that would be a textbook for a class, but believe or not a lot of professors incorporate fun things like that in their classes!  Our assignment was to "peruse" the catalogue (easy, right??) and then find one thing that interested us and write a short paper about it.  I found a ton of hilarious, interesting, and strange artifacts.  In the picture, you can see how CHEAP a huge diamond ring was in those days!  It's so crazy!

This weekend, I spent a LOVELY weekend at home spending some quality time with my mom.  We wrapping LOTS of presents, decorated the Christmas tree, and did a TON of shopping for all of our family and friends.  It was a GREAT weekend...nothing makes me happier than a little Christmas joy and holiday spirit =].

My "official" graduation packet!
While all of those things are great, the most exciting thing happened to me TODAY!  I checked my school mailbox and in it was my graduation packet!  Inside was an application for my bachelor's degree and an order form for my cap and gown!  It is so crazy but I am so excited about what my future has to bring.  The end is surely in sight and getting that packet in the mail is making it all the more real to me.  Plus, tomorrow I get my senior portrait taken (it is put in the class of '12 yearbook and I can use it for my resume)!  So much is happening that is counting down to FINALLY finishing undergrad!  It has been a long road, and yet a very, very fast one!

Now it's time to finish up my last few days before a MERRY break!  It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment