Monday, December 5, 2011

An Ambassador "Chrisgiving"!

All dressed up for Ambassador Chrisgiving!
'Tis the season everyone!

I am SUCH a huge fan of Christmastime!  It's the time of twinkling lights, busy shoppers, Christmas music playlists on repeat, holiday movies, and of course ugly Christmas sweaters!  I can honestly say that there are few other times of year that I love as much as this one!  And as a member of the Mercyhurst Ambassador club (click to meet your ambassadors, although it is admittedly a year out of date...!), I got to enjoy a lovely "Chrisgiving" party on Sunday evening.



This party is an annual event where all the Ambassadors get together and have a Thanksgiving dinner (cooked by our very own members), and celebrate that holiday season with style.  Not only that, but it doubles as an ugly Christmas sweater party!  This year, instead of donning one of my sweaters, I decided to just wear nearly everything I own that is Christmas colors.  It was so much fun to be festive and dress of with all my roommates and friends! 
Roomies at Chrisgiving!
Unfortunately, we sat at the table that was chosen LAST to get in line for food...and seeing as there were at least 100 students at the event, the food I got was a little cold and not much was left.  Luckily, I still got the chance to eat enough and even grabbed a delicious Christmas cookie before they were all snatched away by other people!

Senior Ambassadors
Besides our wonderfully festive Ambassador Chrisgiving, it is obvious that the entire campus is full of the holiday spirit.  Besides the awesome decorations and themed events that are occurring all over campus, our student government is holding an event right now called "Twelve Days of Christmas."  Everyday for the first twelve days of September they are handing out gifts to the first 50-100 students at specific times and locations.  So, if you want a fun gift, you have to rush to the place in time before other students do!  I have not had to the chance to get any gifts because I have been busy with classes and homework, but I hear it is a super cool event! 

Well, time for some more homework and jammin' out to Christmas tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment