Monday, November 28, 2011

Finals, Thanksgiving, and Another Term Beginning

Hey readers!

I just want to start out by apologizing for my several week blogging hiatus!  I have been a very busy and distracted little bee and I completely forgot to post!
My boyfriend, dog, and me on
Thanksgiving
Right after my last post, we had finals for Fall Term 2011.  Needless to say, I spent most of my time studying my butt off and being shut off from the rest of the world in order to survive the ever-stressful exams that come three times a year!  Luckily, I did pretty well on my finals and I now have another term of Undergrad under my belt!  I'm well on my way to be done with college and I am so excited!

I got lucky with finals this year because I only had two scheduled during finals week and both were on Monday (finals week generally is Monday-Wednesday).  Since I got them over with on the first day, I got to spend an extra couple of days relaxing and unwinding for one very stressful and long term! (click here to see the Mercyhurst 2011-2012 calendar!)

Mommy and Me!
My break was really really great this year.  Fall term break is one of my favorite ones of the year because I have no homework (since it's between terms) and I so I get to turn of my brain for a few weeks!  This year during break I read several books (one of my FAVORITE pasttimes!), worked out at the gym often, and did some Christmas shopping.  I saw a ton of movies in the theater, spent time with my boyfriend, and had a very delicious and enjoyable Thanksgiving with my family.  I even went Black Friday shopping in the middle of the night.  Seeing the crazed crowds is such a fun(ny) experience and I would totally recommend it if you have never gone before =]. 

Our fall-y cake!
One of the best activites that I did over break, though, was baking.  My friend and I have a LOT of fun making and decorating really intense cakes and this year he and I make a fall themed one!  See the picture to see what two days of hard work resulted in!  Not only did it look cool, it tasted even BETTER!  Mmmmm, pumpkin spice cake!

After all my fun, relaxation, and much needed mental break that my long break provided, I am now back at the 'Hurst for another new term.  This term I am taking two history courses (The Greeks and American Material Cultures) and Comparative Issues in Education.  I have only have one class so far this term, but I have high expectations for it being a great one! 



If only the cold weather would hold off a little longer...!  At least it means Christmas is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment