Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Nice, Looooong Weekend!

As many of you probably know, this past Monday was Martin Luther King Day.  While it is a day recognized for a great man in our country's history, it really only means ONE thing for a college student....a day OFF!!  This past weekend was a much needed break from classes, especially after jumping RIGHT back in a couple weeks ago after Christmas break!  Lots of fun things went on at the 'Hurst this weekend!

On Friday night, a bunch of our friends got together for a rousing game of Apples to Apples, probably one of the best games for a huge group to play.  Our living room in our house was packed full with friends and fun and later that night my boyfriend got here to stay the weekend with me!  He brought me food from home, which is always a wonderful break from Egan Cafeteria, or cooking for yourself!

Saturday was busyyyyy for me!  Even though all I really wanted to do was sleep in, I had to get up and get ready to cheer for the men's and women's basketball games!  We played California University and our teams put up a tough fight.  Unfortunately, the women lost, but the men put on a really exciting and close game where we pulled through in the last few minutes.  It was definately one that kept you on your toes!  That night, I went with my boyfriend and a few roommates to a men's hockey game.  Even though it is FREEEZZINGGGG in the ice rink, it was totally worth it to see our team win by one goal at the very end of the game!  A good weekend for Mercyhurst men!

The rest of the weekend I spent relaxing, having fun, and hanging out with my roommates and friends.  Of course, on Monday I had to jump back in to my coursework, but the weekend was SO fun that it was totally worth it!  And luckily, this week has gone by VERY fast even though it has been busy with homework, meetings, and cheerleading.  Tomorrow, I am going home for the weekend and I am REALLY looking forward to spending time with the people I love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment