Sunday, December 5, 2010

Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

So here I am, up to my eyebrows with Christmas cheer!  This has been a very busy and very successful first week of winter term 2010!

This term I have my first science class at Mercyhurst, Physical Geology, and so on top for lecture I also have to go to a lab.  Even though I only have three classes, it's almost like I have four because of it!  So far though, the work load does not seem like it will be too bad so this term should definitely be a really good one!  Besides classes, my roomies and I also worked hard to decorate our house for the holiday!  We have three mini Christmas trees, lots of garland, and a wreath on our door!

This week we also got a new roommate, making our townhouse full with six girls!  She is really great and we are getting along really well so far!  She just transferred here and she is working at getting used to campus and how things work here.  I think she is liking it!
Lindsay and I with a tree we decorated
On Saturday this week was the football playoff game.  Our boys were number 1 in our conference this year and they were playing AWESOME!  We had never been that far in footbal before, so everyone on campus was really excited.  Even though it was bitter cold out, my new roommate and I went to the game.  I had to leave before the end because I was SO COLD!   The team played really well, but the other school was better and we unfortunately didn't win...but they FOR SURE had a GREAT season!


Ambassadors, Class of 2012

Today, I finished decorating the student union to make it into a winter wonderland for an event called Christmas on Campus, which is next Saturday.  We had a very productive day and the union looks awesome and very festive!  Then, we had the annual ambassador Christmas party, which we call "Chrisgiving" because we eat a Thanksgiving meal and have an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  It is REALLY fun to get all dressed up in Christmas-y clothes and check out everyone else's horrible sweaters!  As you can see by the pictures, we all certainly got into the Christmas spirit.

A few of us being goofy
Tomorrow is the first basketball game I am cheering at this season!  I'm REALLY excited and even MORE nervous about messing up in front of LOTS of people!  Fingers crossed that it goes well! 

Well, I am going to go pop in the movie "Elf" and try to stay warm with some hot cocoa!  Hope you can all stay warm from the snow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment