Thursday, September 22, 2011

Silly Games, Fall Ball, and Good Friends

Hello Readers!

Some friends on Friday!
This past weekend I had a really great time living the dream here at Mercyhurst!  My boyfriend, Ben, came to stay at school with me which always definately enhances the weekends.  On Friday night, I got together with some good friends and we had a game night.  We played this game called Quelf, which is one that you should all try sometime!  There are different cards that contain charades, random things you need to do and not laugh while you do it, and demands like spend the rest of the game under the table.  We had a lot of laughs and its a good one to play if your around new friends that you might just be getting to know, it definately forces you to get comfortable fast!  We played a few other games, devoured popcorn and chips, and spent the night just enjoying each other's company.  It is something that every college student needs every once in a while!

On Saturday, my boyfriend and I went to the mall.  We, like always, played with a puppy at the pet store, fell in love with it, and was forced to give it back.  You would think I would learn, but yet I continue to play with those little guys!  What can I say, I am a sucker for puppy therapy =].  One downside, though, for all you younger Lakers out there...they recently changed the rules to having to be 21 in order to play with a puppy.  It doesn't affect me much, but I know I would have been sad not having puppy therapy when I was younger!

Yes, we're nerds!
Roomies all dressed up!
Saturday night was the annual Fall Ball here on campus.  The theme this year was "red carpet" and it was under a big tent right by the student union.  This was my first (and will be my last!) year going to the ball and I must say I always love a good excuse to get all dressed up!  I wore a cute little friends, had dinner with some friends, and did a little dancing under the tent!  Fall Ball is certainly a good experience and everyone should go at least once!



Dancin' the night away
After my super fun weekend, the rest of the week has just been spent going to class, doing endless homework, attending a million meetings, and being a busy little bee.  College life really doesn't provide very much free time, but when opportunities like this weekend come up, SEIZE them!  Especially once you're a senior and have very little time left here!  Today I got my first mailing about graduation in May!  Craziness!  But, for now, it's back to the grind...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment