Monday, September 19, 2011

Making the Most out of Mercyhurst

In your frantic search for the right college for you, keep in mind that Mercyhurst, and any college for that matter, is all about what YOU make of it.  But, of course, Mercyhurst has a ton of really awesome things to offer for every student!  In fact, this year we were named in the TOP 50 colleges in the U.S. News and World Report!  This is HUGE for our school, especially since we jumped up a whomping 36 spots from last year on the list!  So, if you have any doubt in your mind about the excellence of our little school, just check out the article!

Besides that very exciting news, I have been busy busy with start of the year excitement.  As you know, this is my senior year and so we are trying out best to take pictures of EVERYTHING that we do!  This means that on the first day of school, we took a ton of fun roommate pictures!  You can check our silly selves out!


Workin' the club fair!
Obviously I really enjoy spending time with all of my friends and roommates here at Mercyhurst.  But, I wouldn't have even met them  if it weren't for all of the clubs and organizations that I am involved in.  I belonged to the Leadership Certification program, cheerleading, I am an ambassador (along with all of my roommates), and I belong to the student alumni association, just to name a few.  Most of the people I hang out with were met through these groups and if it weren't for being so involved, I would probably be a total, friendless loser!  When you get to school, the best way to learn about the innumerous clubs that you can join is to attend the Experiential Learning Fair.  This is basically just the club fair and there are tons of involved students with tables, information, and often free candy in order to let students get the chance to see all the happenin's at the Hurst!  And, since we don't have greek life, clubs are the best way to meet new people and make lasting friendships.  So, if you choose Mercyhurst, DEFINATELY check out everything it has to offer so you can get the full experience!

That's all for today, but stay tuned to see what all I did this weekend!!  It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment