Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An Amazing Weekend Away!

I have some advice that doesn't so much have to do with being a student at Mercyhurst, but being a college student in general.  My advice for you after this weekend is that if you have a chance to go to a formal for some type of organization, take it!  My boyfriend is in a fraternity at his school and his formal was in Cincinnati right on the Ohio River...and it was SO much fun!


My guy and I at his formals!

Of course, Mercyhurst doesn't have greek life so you can't really get that here but there is a military ball in the spring for the ROTC members!  Plus, the school has a Fall Ball and Spring Charity Ball.  It is really fun to dress up and have a night out!  Mine was especially fun because it was somewhere new and fun that I hadn't really experienced before.  It was surely a weekend to remember!

Right now, campus is looking forward to the Easter weekend.  A definite benefit of being a Catholic school is that we always get a 4-day weekend for Easter off, while a lot of other school don't.  It will be nice to go home and celebrate the holiday, and hope that the rain will hold out for a while so we can have an outdoor Easter Egg Hunt!

Tomorrow is the Leadership Certification Program's end of year induction ceremony!  I will officially be handing over my presidency to the newly elected president for next year!  I can't believe how fast it went!  I also love this event because it is always catered with REALLYYYYY yummy mini deserts and finger foods...can never go wrong with those! 

Well, time to sit down and start pounding out a final paper for one of my history courses!  Ready, set, focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment