Sunday, September 26, 2010

Homecoming Festivities!

My friends and I will Louie the Laker!
Hello again!

So this weekend has been REALLY REALLY fun!  After a very stressful week of homework and quizzes, it was rewarded by an awesome time at Mercyhurst Homecoming and Hurst Fest!  On Friday night, everyone's parents showed up on campus and it was really fun to see students reunited!  My parents didn't come this year because they came my first two years and I told them it was ok with they didn't want to drive out here again.  But, I still had a lot of fun! 

Friday night I worked an event as an ambassador.  I directed people for the Unveiling of the newly renovated and beautified front entrance.  Alumni and faculty of Mercyhurst donated money to go toward trees, lampposts, and benches.  The people who donated then came to the ceremony.  It was a fun event to work because we got to eat some of the really yummy food they had at it!  My roommate and I both joked that once we're alumni and donate stuff back to the school, we are definitely going to get delicious food in return!


Baby cow at the petting zoo!

After my event I went to family bingo with Lindsay's family.  She's my roommate and also a blogger!  Bingo was AWESOME because they had unbelievable prizes.  Everything from gift cards to DVD players!  And it was PACKED this year!  So many families came that they had to set up more tables so everyone could fit!  I didn't win anything (although I came REALLY close a few times!)...but Lindsay's dad won a Coldstone gift card he let Lindsay keep.


At the football game!

Saturday was a very long but very fantastic day!  It was Hurst Fest day!  I woke up briiiiight and early to give tours of campus for ambassadors (8am!  that's earlier than I get up for classes!).  After tours, which were not very fun because it was a chilly morning, I came home and bundled up then went to the Homecoming BBQ!  It was delicious!  They even had my favorite, corn on the cob!  After the BBQ, we met a bunch of friends at the football game.  It was PACKEDDD!  We got there late and there were NO seats and we had to sit in the grass on the side of the field!  At halftime they announced Homecoming King and Queen.  I knew both of them!

My favorite part of the day, though, was Hurst Fest!  We left the game early (so I'm not sure who won!) and went straight to the petting zoo!  There were baby animals galore!  Goats, a pig, a calf, bunnies, llamas, you name it!  I got pictures with just about every animals...I definitely have a soft spot!  Then we raced on the inflatables, got free popcorn and caramel apples, and even participated in fun contests with awesome prizes!  Everything we did that day we got on video, which are up on Lindsay's blog!

All in all, it was my favorite Homecoming so far!  It was the first year I did everything at the Hurst Fest and it was SOOO worth it!  Hopefully next year's will be just as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment